Thursday, March 5, 2015

Spring 2015 Canvas Training

As you all know, UNCG is in the process of migrating from Blackboard to Canvas for the University’s learning management system. ITS expects everyone to be transitioned to Canvas before Spring 2016, as Blackboard will be decommissioned that semester. With that as the goal, I have scheduled training sessions for this Spring (to be offered in McIver 140). Because I am the only primary support person for all of the College during this transition, I will not be able to meet with everyone individually, so my hope is that departments can receive training around the same time and then help each other somewhat in making the transition. If your department would like to arrange for a personalized training session (perhaps during a faculty meeting) please contact me directly to schedule a time. If you feel that you absolutely cannot begin the transition to Canvas in the Spring and would like to opt-out until Summer or Fall, you MUST email me to let me know (aawarffo@uncg.edu). This is true even if you previously opted out for Spring. ITS plans to make Canvas the default for all courses for Summer and Fall semesters, so if you do not email me to let me know otherwise, your course shells will be created in Canvas.

Here is the link where you can view the schedule of workshops and sign up:
Please make a note of the date and time of your workshop- these workshops are not open to the rest of campus and therefore are not listed on the main UNCG workshops website. If your schedule will not accommodate for any of the workshops scheduled, then you may also choose to stop by the Canvas drop-in support hours offered by ITS. Those offerings can be viewed here:
        
Finally, if you would like to review any of the support documentation in advance of a workshop, you can find that information linked here:

I look forward to seeing you in the workshops!

No comments:

Post a Comment